The development of Press Hall won McKee Fehl the Archaus Urban Design Award and the Greenwood Roche Supreme Award last night at the Property Council Wellington Property People Awards.
The awards for the development at 80 Willis Street to 22 Boulcott Street were part of a celebration of the people who are shaping Wellington through innovative building, design, and services to the industry.
“We tend not to make enough noise about our achievements in Wellington and these awards are the chance to highlight all the wonderful work being done,” said Head Judge Patricia Green.
“What stood out for the judges was the ability of McKee Fehl to repurpose and modernise the site.
“The end result is an iconic development that adds vibrancy to Wellington but also respects the heritage of the original building,” Green said.
Property Council Wellington Property People Awards 2018 Winners
- BECA Young Achiever Award: Matt Cowen, The Building Intelligence Group
- Archaus Urban Design Award: McKee Fehl for Press Hall, 80 Willis Street / 22 Boulcott Street
- Colliers International Best Team Award: Te Papa Art Gallery Team (Matt Dorn, Chetan Jeram)
- Momentum Outstanding Leadership Award: Kevin Lavery, Wellington City Council
- Judges Choice Award: Ian Cassels, The Wellington Company
- Ortus Long Service Award: the McGuinness family
- Greenwood Roche Supreme Award: McKee Fehl for Press Hall 80 Willis Street / 22 Boulcott Street.