Inner city residents have called a meeting next week to discuss the cost of insuring and strengthening residential units in earthquake prone buildings.
The meeting will be on Thursday, 6 June from 6 – 8 pm at the Faculty of Architecture & Design, Victoria University of Wellington, Vivian Street.
The meeting has been called by a collaborative lobby group for owners of residential units in earthquake prone buildings which includes Inner City Wellington, Body Corporate Chairs’ Group, and individual owners. The group invites other owners to this important and urgent meeting.
The agenda includes:
- Update on lobbying the Government and the Wellington City Council to address the unfair treatment of residential owners
- Release of ICW’s survey of affected owners and other research. The results are shocking.
- Free tool to help calculate the FULL costs of strengthening.
- Update on buildings with pre-cast floors and insurance.
- Launch of a petition to Parliament
We need your support to push for action and ensure the voices of residential owners are heard. Please join us on Thursday 6 June. RSVP here.