This week’s earthquake is a reminder that no one in the Wellington region can tell when are major disaster might strike. Are you prepared?
The Wellington Region Emergency Management Office (WREMOnz) are holding a series of Plan and Prepare Workshops, starting this evening in Wadestown.
In a hui of korero, sharing and networking among neighbours, a facilitated discussion will explore the potential challenges during and after a major event for our community, and how you and your whanau can plan and prepare at home, school and work. There will also be discussion on ways in which you can support your wider community, if a disaster happened now.
Tonight’s Wadestown session (Thursday 1 November) runs from 6.00 to 9.00pm at St Luke’s Church, 34 Pitt Street. For more information, contact Chris Moore on 0272097817.
You can register on the Plan & Prepare website for this and the following sessions:
- Tuesday 6 November, 6.00pm to 9.00pm, Newtown Community & Cultural Centre, corner Rintoul and Colombo Streets, Newtown
- Thursday 8 November, 6.00pm to 9.00pm, Kapiti Community Centre, 15 Ngahina Street, Paraparaumu
- Tuesday 13 November, 6.00pm to 9.00pm, Lower Hutt Emergency Operations Centre, Level 2, 25 Laings Road, Lower Hutt
- Wednesday 14 November, 9:30am to 12:30pm, Carterton Events Centre, 50 Holloway Road, Carterton
- Wednesday 14 November, 6.00pm to 9.00pm, Supper Room, Mungavin Hall, Mungavin Avenue, Porirua
- Tuesday 20 November, 6.00pm to 9.00pm, Kapiti, Kapiti Uniting Church, 10 Weka Road, Raumati Beach
- Wednesday 28 November, 6.00pm to 9.00pm, Karori Community Centre, 7 Beauchamp Street, Karori