With Easter and Anzac Day coming up, there are a number of events, and some changes to our services and opening hours of our facilities.
Photo: RNZ / 123rf
• If your rubbish and recycling is usually collected on Fridays, please note there will be no collections on Good Friday (19 April). Put your rubbish and recycling out on Saturday instead. Collections will happen as per normal on Easter Monday (22 April) and Anzac Day (25 April). If rubbish is collected by a private operator, contact them directly for information on Easter collections.
• Parking is free around Wellington on public holidays: Good Friday (19 April), Easter Monday (22 April), and Anzac Day (25 April). Please note, weekend fees apply as normal on Saturday 20 April and Sunday 21 April.
• Our 11 libraries are closed on all public holidays. See library holiday hours for more information.
• Southern Landfill will be closed Good Friday (19 April). Usual hours apply for Easter Monday and Anzac Day. Public holidays are a busy time at the Southern Landfill, so be prepared for possible delays.
• The Tip Shop will be closed Good Friday, and open on Easter Sunday for drop-off only. On Anzac Day, the Tip Shop will only be open for drop-off in the morning, and then for normal trading from 1pm.
On Anzac Day (Thursday 25 April), there is a programme of public events and commemorations starting with a dawn service at Pukeahu National War Memorial Park, the Wellington Citizen’s wreath-laying service at the Cenotaph, and other events at Pukeahu and around the city throughout the day.
The main road closures and parking restrictions on Anzac Day are:
From 3am to 2pm:
• Tory Street: from Haining Street to Tasman Street (closed)
• Haining Street/Frederick St/Martin Square (detours in place)
• Rugby Street: from Tasman Street to Sussex Street (closed)
• Tasman Street: from Tory Street to Rugby Street (closed)
• Martin Square: southside (closed)
From 5am to midday:
• Lambton Quay northbound, between Bowen Street and Bunny Street closed to all traffic except buses. No left turn from Bowen Street onto Lambton Quay
Visit https://www.metlink.org.nz for details about the public holiday timetables for bus and train services.
-News from Wellington City Council