We’re excited to announce the new album from Fly My Pretties – The Studio Recordings Part One!
The Studio Recordings Part One: Fly My Pretties have only ever released live albums, and in a reverse move, present a series of Studio Recordings from their live catalogue. Songs familiar to many, as they have never been heard before. Made over 12 months with 25 total contributors.
Part One sees Barnaby Weir (The Black Seeds) accompanied by Anna Coddington, Bailey Wiley, A Girl Named Mo, Hollie Smith, LA Mitchell (Terrible Sons), Lisa Tomlins, Adi Dick, Age Pryor, Iraia Whakamoe (The Nudge), James Coyle (The Nudge), Jarney Murphy (The Black Seeds), Laughton Kora, Mike Fabulous (Lord Echo), Nigel Patterson (The Black Seeds), Paul McLaney, Rio Hunuki-Hemopo (TrinityRoots), Ryan Prebble (The Nudge), Samuel Flynn Scott (The Phoenix Foundation), & others all contributing their talents.
That’s not all, we’ll be doing a number of shows in 2020 to celebrate not only the release of Part One, but also Part Two, due out in May!
Save the below dates now, as you’ll be the first to receive exclusive pre-sale info at the end of November!
Wellington, Michael Fowler Centre – Fri May 15
Christchurch, Isaac Theatre Royal – Fri May 29
Auckland Town Hall – Sat May 30
Presented by Fortune Favours, with thanks to Yealands Wines, Havana Coffee Works, Scapegrace Gin & Radio Hauraki.
We hope you enjoy, and look forward to seeing you soon. Arohanui, Loop & FMP.
The Studio Recordings Part One by Fly My Pretties
- Singing In My Soul (written by Age Pryor)
- Champion (written by Barnaby Weir)
- Quiet Girl (written by Samuel Flynn Scott)
- Apple Heart (written by LA Mitchell)
- Take It From Me (written by Bailey Wiley)
- Bag Of Money (written by Barnaby Weir)
- Get Out (written by Adi Dick)
- It’s Never Blown Like It’s Goin’ (written by Ryan Prebble)
- Garden (written by Anna Coddington)
- Angels (written by Lisa Tomlins)
Purchase/stream the album HERE
Watch a short doco on making the album HERE